[OpenStack-docs] Release name in the background

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Sep 7 13:49:43 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Brian Moss <kallimachos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mahesh,
>
> Glad you like it! I think we want the image to repeat down the page so if
> someone links to the middle of a long page they still have an indication of
> which version they are looking at. However, perhaps the spacing between
> images can be increased so they do not appear as frequently.
>
> I've filed a couple of issues for sphinxmark to add these as config
> options so we can experiment and find the best look for the OpenStack docs.
>
> https://github.com/kallimachos/sphinxmark/issues/12
> https://github.com/kallimachos/sphinxmark/issues/13

If the solution is experimental, and the readability is poor, let's revert
until we have a design we've all agreed to. Right now I find it really
distracting and hard to read. Maybe I missed the design phase -- totally
possible -- but the current overlay watermark makes the Mitaka install
guide not readable.

Can you come up with some next steps and let us know the plan?

Anne

> Cheers,
>
> Brian
>
> On 7 September 2016 at 15:12, venkata mahesh <venkatamaheshkotha at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi team,
>>
>> The addition of release name (Mitaka) in the background is nice. My
>> suggestion is make this version name Mitaka in the background only one in
>> each page. Now it is having more than five ( Mitaka )images in background
>> that will distract the reader.
>>
>> Thanks
>> mahesh

Anne Gentle