[OpenStack-docs] [training-guides] Team meeting reminder

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 22:40:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

Please see my inline reply:

Ildiko Vancsa wrote on 9/2/2016 9:25 PM:

>> On 02 Sep 2016, at 11:30, Pančur, Matjaž <Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si
>> <mailto:Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 01 Sep 2016, at 23:58, Ildiko Vancsa <ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
>>> <mailto:ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We have four potential days to run mini virtual sprints according to
>>> the current state of the poll, which are:
>>>
>>> * Sept. 6 / Tuesday
>>> * Sept. 12-13 / Monday-Tuesday
>>> * Sept. 16. / Friday
>>>
>>> The poll is still open if anyone would like to join us:
>>> http://doodle.com/poll/geaq6fdsg749nsnc
>>
>> I won’t be available for the whole day, but I will join as much as I
>> can. I’ll look at the review queue regularly, though.
>
> As we are not in the same time zone, I don’t think it’s an issue. The
> point here is to have time periods when we are focusing on this
> activity by adding and reviewing content. Regarding communication,
> does the training guides team has an IRC channel? Or should we use
> #upstream-university for these sprints?
We use #openstack-doc channel for general communication including
several specialty teams, and if we are focusing on something, IMO
opening a virtual sprint and discussing on #openstack-sprint channel
would be nice.

For #upstream-university, although AFAIK it is designed for the
communication with upstream university students (e.g., mentoring),
we can use, but one (minor) problem I think is that the channel bot
(upunbot) seems to be dead.

> I will also generate a Google Hangout link we can use if we have more
> people available at the same time and there’s a topic that needs
> brainstorming as I think a call sometimes more effective than the text
> based chat. We can use IRC for clarifying smaller things and giving
> heads up to the team for new reviews for instance or leaving notes to
> others in other time zones. :) Does it sound ok?
>

>>> I think if we choose a content block and goals wisely we can have
>>> great progress in these intervals, I will add proposals to the
>>> etherpad
>>> (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/upstream-university-improvements).
>>>
>>> @Ian, Matjaz: I’ve lost track a little bit on the Training Guides
>>> meetings. It would be great if we could use the slot on Monday for
>>> planning regardless we have an actual meeting scheduled or not. Do
>>> you think it would be possible?
>>
>> Yes, absolutely. You can even add specific topics to the official
>> meeting agenda at
>> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/training-guides-meeting-agenda
>
> Great, I added this item to the etherpad.
+1

>>> I was also thinking to run the meetings weekly in September and
>>> first half of October or maybe even until the Summit to check
>>> progress and ensure we are coordinated. What do you think?
>>
>> We switched to biweekly schedule because the attendance at the
>> meetings was low and we wanted to see if biweekly schedule is enough.
>> Fortunately, we still have a reservation for weekly meetings so I see
>> no problems with this.
>
> I saw in the meeting schedule that it is still listed as weekly
> meeting, so I hoped that it will not be an issue from administration
> perspective. :) I think before the Summit we will need a weekly sync
> to ensure we finish with our plans and prepped for the next training
> properly.

+1 Have a nice weekend too!

With many thanks,

/Ian