[OpenStack-docs] Docs in BCN: Training Labs Session Wrapup

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Oct 28 07:36:47 UTC 2016

We've completed day three in Barcelona, and the end is sight! We had four sessions yesterday, here's the wrap up for the Training Labs session:

Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BCN-Docs-Training

Moderator: Pranav Salunke

==Discussion==

* Marketing: Getting stats from the landing page, number of tar/zip downloads etc., visibility of training-labs
training-guides, Upstream University, mascot
* Windows 10: Explore using Python: Packaging and distributing python based code for different platforms especially considering the dependencies (ssh & python int. for Windows).
* Gate tests: What is our SLA? Testing matrix should be pre-defined for the given release. We got a combination of Vbox, KVM, Windows (7|10), Linux (x86,i386) and Mac OS X (also PXE, building with and from snapshots). Document all of the above properly.
* Automated script generation: Part of the CI to test installation guides automatically and generate scripts for training-labs. Infra requirements. Future?
* Core team review Policy
* Flexible cluster provisioning capabilities.
* Clean up/speed up initial Linux installation (inspiration from BOMSI)
* Fix building from snapshot

==Deliverables==

* Lana - Investigate adding training-labs as an alternative deployment method in install guides and deployment guide. Add change to preface of Install Guide to mention training-labs.
* Lana- Pull stats from docs.openstack.org/training_labs
* Pranav - Setup 2 node infra check.(AJaeger can help with project-config)
* Pranav - SLA bits: Getting Virtualbox installed on the infrastructure nodes.
* Review Policy: Wait for 1 day after +2 and then merge the patch. If the patch needs more testing/review mention it with a -1 workflow.

--
Lana Brindley
Technical Writer