[OpenStack-docs] Docs in BCN: User Guides Session Wrap Up

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Thu Oct 27 05:21:22 UTC 2016

Greetings from day two in Barcelona! We held the User Guides session today. Thanks to Alex for moderating, and writing this wrap up.

Thursday is Docs day at the summit, with four sessions running through the afternoon. I'll be getting wrapups for those out as quickly as can.

Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BCN-Docs-UserGuidesWG

Highlights:

·         We have two new volunteers who are happily going to help out with the OpenStack changes. Stephen Gordon enlightened us to a problem with one of the OpenStack (nova) commands that seemed to be failing (http://serverfault.com/questions/801479/how-to-attach-an-interface-to-an-instance-with-the-openstack-client). The idea from here though is that we have people changing the command and testing as they go from now on to ensure that these problems are not translating to the guides.
·         Stephen Gordon and Lana will talk with the training and lab team tomorrow to work on a Jenkins job to check through the admin guides (similar to the update script we run through the config ref guide for updates). This will automate what would be a potentially long and arduous manual process. This should help out with testing the commands.

Action items:

·         Joseph will get a wiki up and running with all the sections listed that need to be changed, if they are done etc. (basically, a checklist). Our new contributors visnyei and csatari (IRC names) would like to know where to start and how to ensure they are not overlapping with each other.
·         Focus heavily on changing the OpenStack command for this release.
·         Work on achieving Jenkins job, or something similar.

--
Lana Brindley
Technical Writer