[OpenStack-docs] Upstream training before the Summit - Help needed!

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:26:43 UTC 2016

Hi Docs Team,

I’m reaching out to you regarding the upstream training that we will hold right before the Summit in Barcelona.

We are widening the scope of the training and experimenting new ways of showing entry points to the students to the Community.

We have a few students signed up for the training with documentation contribution as their main area of interest. During Monday (24th) afternoon we are planning to have parallel sessions based on the students’ interest and as part of this we were thinking about having a documentation deep dive block.

The idea would be to introduce the OpenStack Manuals team a bit, describe the tooling we are using for documentation in OpenStack and to share guidelines and best practices that we are following when writing and reviewing documentation in either OpenStack Manuals or the project repositories.

I know it is a bit of a short notice, but I would like to ask for your help with this module. We would need some content that gets people started with getting to know the activities and challenges of the Docs team, where they can join. It would be great to do this in an interactive way and get them to know the tools and formats we are using like .rst and Sphinx to mention some examples. Could any of you help out to put together the content for this module?

We are also looking for helpers for the training in general and for this block. Would any of you be interested and be available to help? The training slots are Sunday 1pm - 6pm and Monday 9am - 6pm. The deep dive sessions are currently planned for Monday afternoon.

Please contact me or reply to this mail if you would like to help out.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó
IRC: ildikov