[OpenStack-docs] Pike PTL

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Mon Nov 21 00:38:33 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

TL;DR: This is advance notice that I do not intend to run for PTL in Pike. If you would like to put yourself forward to take on PTL for Pike (or anytime in the future), I'd be happy to work with you in the run up to Ocata to ensure you have all the information you need. Just drop me a line :)

Mostly, this is because I can't get to the Pike PTG, so it makes sense that someone who can attend runs that release. In general, though, the travel is starting to grate on me (and my family) a bit, so I'd like to try and do less of that, and seems like this is the best way to achieve that goal. Of course, it doesn't mean that I won't ever travel any more, but hopefully it means I can pick the most meaningful events.

For the record, I'm not going away, I'll still be an active core contributor, and I'll also still be the documentation team lead for OSIC. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more meaningful docs work from this position. I'm also not ruling out a return to PTL in R or beyond, if the need is there.

I also want to note that it has been a great honour to be your PTL for the last few releases. It's an incredibly rewarding experience, and you've been a great bunch to work with! Thank you for pushing me to be the best PTL I could be :)

Feel free to reply on list, or privately to me, if you have questions.

Lana

--
Lana Brindley
Technical Writer