[OpenStack-docs] Broken Links on docs-beta - Request for help

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Nov 11 19:29:41 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-11 07:42:06 -0600 (-0600), Anne Gentle wrote:
> Does anyone know the root cause of the missing py-modindex.html
> files? I can fix if I know how to fix.

Are they all missing on the old docs site too? I've noticed this
before, for a number of projects, and have been curious as to how to
get them generating correctly but never found the time to look into
it. E.g.: http://docs.openstack.org/infra/bindep/py-modindex.html

I'm playing around with the source for openstack-infra/bindep now,
trying to see what needs to be done for it to actually find anything
to document. It looks like you actually have to directly point
autodoc at different Python source modules somewhere in the RST
before py-modules.html will get generated.

Here's an example getting rid of that link for projects not actively
making use of the autodoc extension:

    https://review.openstack.org/396745

And here's an example of adding actual autodoc use so that the
py-modules.html index is generated when linking in the rendered

    https://review.openstack.org/396747

Hopefully this helps demonstrate at least one potential reason for
that broken link, and a couple of possible solutions depending on
what different patch authors have time to invest.
--
Jeremy Stanley