[OpenStack-docs] [openstack deployment] Adding deployment guides to docs.o.o

Alexandra Settle alexandra.settle at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Nov 9 15:29:49 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

A discussion was held in the OpenStack manuals social track at the Barcelona summit and we agreed to start including deployment projects, with appropriate installation guide(s), into the docs.o.o<http://docs.openstack.org/> site. Similar to what we have done with the Installation Tutorials.

After working heavily with the OpenStack-Ansible team over the last few cycles, I have worked to ensure their Installation Guide is of the same standard as our manuals docs – following the Contributor guide and OpenStack manuals formatting – and have proposed their guide as the guinea pig for this transition.

At the moment, we are working on the best way to publish. Experimenting with the OpenStack-Ansible guide, we have the following patches in motion:

·         https://review.openstack.org/391499 (Deployment gate jobs)

·         https://review.openstack.org/391486 (Putting the OpenStack-Ansible guide into the manuals cookie cutter)

All deployment projects will have the opportunity to include their individual installation guides – to be called, “Deployment Guides” (this is open for discussion if others have better ideas).

If anyone is able to help with getting these patches merged to forge an easy pathway for other deployment guides, that would be amazing. I am looking to get some help in identifying what is the best path to publish to, and help with the index files.

If any of the deployment projects are interested in getting involved, let us know and we can work together to make this transition ☺

Thanks,

Alexandra Settle

Information Developer II
Rackspace Private Cloud Powered By OpenStack
London, United Kingdom

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.