[OpenStack-docs] Config Reference and olso.config sphinx extension - Need help

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:25:45 UTC 2016

Andreas,

I receive quite a few complaints that our automatic documentation merely
copies help strings in the code instead of providing additional
information. We could ask developers to provide additional information in
the help strings, but it would cause large example configuration files or
excessive CLI output. So, I made a suggestion at the summit (with Doug) to
split help strings into short and long versions. The short version would
appear in example configuration files or CLI output and the long version
would appear in our automatic documentation.