[OpenStack-docs] Documentation repository for official project

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun May 1 14:42:24 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-01 05:17:23 -0500 (-0500), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Do you mean that non-official projects can publish their documents
> to docs.o.o? Previously I proposed a patch to add
> openstack-server-publish-jobs of non-official project, I was said
> only official projects can publish docs to docs.o.o. Is there any
> policy change?
[...]

The Infra team's project-config reviewers have traditionally
rejected attempts to publish documentation for non-OpenStack
projects (i.e. those not currently approved by the TC as teams under
the "big tent") to http://docs.openstack.org/ due to our
interpretation of the Docs team's desire for only OpenStack projects
to appear on that site. In the past, concern was expressed that
having an unofficial project's documentation appear there would
generate confusion as to whether it was officially endorsed by
OpenStack.
--
Jeremy Stanley