[OpenStack-docs] Mitaka Install Guide testing

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 13:50:08 UTC 2016

I'm happy with most of the "core" services at this point. Ubuntu released
RC1 packages a couple of days ago, so now we can move into a more
"official" testing phase, at least for OpenStack service configuration
after a fair number of significant changes didn't make it into M3. I don't
see RDO packages for RC1 yet.

Looking at the list of remaining fires...

Manila needs considerable testing on all distros with RC1+ packages because
support for the Identity v3 API didn't merge until RC1. For testing, use
the patch in the review queue [1] because the existing instructions do not
work. Also, keep an eye out for potential packaging problems on Ubuntu [2].

I know it's a bit late in the development cycle, but Trove could possibly
merge instructions for Mitaka (perhaps a post-release backport) because it
provides a relatively simple/optional service and the patch in the review
queue [3] looks fairly complete.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/295279/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/manila/+bug/1546116
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/298929/