[OpenStack-docs] Octavia configuration options were deleted but needed for Mitaka

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:17:23 UTC 2016

This is in reference to bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1552797

The liberty documentation set has the octavia.conf section:
http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/config-reference/content/networking-plugin-lbaas.html

The current Mitaka documentation does not have an octavia.conf section:
http://docs.openstack.org/draft/config-reference/networking/networking_options_reference.html

It appears that the octavia.conf settings documentation was deleted
from the Mitaka docs here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/259889

It has been pointed out that this was due to this e-mail chain:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2015-December/008026.html

That said, Octavia is the reference driver implementation for
neutron-lbaas and it is important that we continue to provide
documentation for users of neutron-lbaas.  Armando is asking us to
update this documentation for the Mitaka release, but we are unable to
do so.

Can someone help me with instructions on what I need to do to restore
this documentation for the Mitaka release?

I am not familiar with the xml->rst changes that have occurred so I
need some help.

In the docs channel and on the bug I have had advice to use pandoc to
convert the liberty xml to rst and check it in.  This does not seem
right as the other files say they are auto-generated.

I'm just looking for a way to get this restored so we can update them
for the Mitaka release.

Thanks,
Michael