[OpenStack-docs] [openstack-dev] [telemetry] Ceilometer and Aodh install guide(s)

Caballero Abraham, Rodrigo rodrigo.caballero.abraham at intel.com
Tue Jun 28 16:46:14 UTC 2016

snip

> Do you have a good proposal for structuring things?
[<rcaballeroMX>]
I am assuming that you have distro specific instructions mixed with non-specific ones.
I can only suggest what has worked for me in the past. I created a common file describing the process devoid of any instructions, distro specific or otherwise.
Then I created distro specific procedures containing all the needed instructions with the appropriate level of detail.
The steps on the common file serve as the headings for all distro specific procedures. That makes the common file an excellent introduction to all procedures while keeping the entire instructions in a single place.

This system is not perfect however. There is some content repetition on the instructions side of things.
This could be avoided if we used the .. only:: directive on the instructions side. You would then have a high level overview of the procedure, common to all distros, and a single file containing all instructions for all distros differentiated by the only directive.

I guess what I am saying is that there is no magic bullet here. At the end of the day, the content determines what modularity model you can use, IMO.
Regards,
Rodrigo

> Thanks,
> /Ildikó