[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Mimicking the install-guide for project specific install guides

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Jun 24 08:23:28 UTC 2016

On 06/24/2016 07:46 AM, Tomoyuki Kato wrote:
>>> So, the URL can still be:
>> http://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/{project-name}/{releasename-or-draft}/index.html which could link to
>> the specific distros..
>>
>> In that case the URL would be for obs:
>>
>> http://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/{project-name}/{releasename-or-draft}/obs/index.html
>>
>> Yes, this should work.
>>
>> We have several options:
>> 1) Agree on using only everywhere
>> 2) Agree on not using only at all
>> 3) Let project decide and explain how to set up both options
>>
>> If we go with 3, I propose that we see how it works and revisit this in
>> few weeks. I really need to see a final guide and go through it to
>> decide whether 3 would work...
>>
>> the big disadvantage with using only is that it's more complex  for the
>> project teams, I prefer to keep it simple. The include file solution I
>> did for trove worked fine there,
>
> +1
> It sometimes becomes chaotic behavior.
>
> My vote is (2)

And looking at the ceilometer change - which follows our documentation
so far that does not mention only - you see the problems:
https://review.openstack.org/330051

That change includes only but no infrastructure to publish properly.

So, do you want only - or advocate for a different solution?

        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)