[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Mimicking the install-guide for project specific install guides

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Jun 24 05:39:26 UTC 2016

On 06/24/2016 12:42 AM, Goutham Ravi wrote:
> Thank you Lana! I updated the build job (https://review.openstack.org/317152) to follow the following doc structure:
>
> ├── build
> │   ├── doctrees
> │   │   ├── debian.doctrees
> │   │   ├── obs.doctrees
> │   │   ├── rdo.doctrees
> │   │   └── ubuntu.doctrees
> │   └── html
> │       ├── debian
> │       ├── obs
> │       ├── rdo
> │       └── ubuntu
> ├── source
> │   └── figures
> └── tools
>
> One easy way could be to stick a top level index on the html output:
>
> So, the URL can still be: http://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/{project-name}/{releasename-or-draft}/index.html which could link to the specific distros..

In that case the URL would be for obs:

http://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/{project-name}/{releasename-or-draft}/obs/index.html

Yes, this should work.

We have several options:
1) Agree on using only everywhere
2) Agree on not using only at all
3) Let project decide and explain how to set up both options

If we go with 3, I propose that we see how it works and revisit this in
few weeks. I really need to see a final guide and go through it to
decide whether 3 would work...

the big disadvantage with using only is that it's more complex  for the
project teams, I prefer to keep it simple. The include file solution I
did for trove worked fine there,

        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)