[OpenStack-docs] No - offfline PDF docs

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Wed Jul 13 03:22:28 UTC 2016

Hi Dilip,

Thanks for reaching out. We do not currently have PDF versions available of the books, as we don't support it through our toolchain any longer. However, our RST docs are produced using Sphinx, and I believe Sphinx does have the ability to create a PDF, but I'm not familiar enough with the tool to be able to advise you on that. Perhaps someone else on the list here does and can help you out there.

There were a lot of reasons why we moved to RST, but the main ones were because it brings us in line with the development teams (many developers are already familiar with RST, and write developer docs in RST, so it's a familiar format for them), and also because it gave us a much more modern design. That's in addition to the expected maintenance and toolchain improvements that RST and Sphinx brings.

Lana