[OpenStack-docs] US Docs Meeting Time

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 10 20:29:35 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-10 06:37:01 -0700 (-0700), Matt Kassawara wrote:
> I thought I've seen meetbots in non-meeting channels.

Using an infrastructure argument is a bad idea since it refocuses
people on "oh we should just fix that" rather than the _actual_
reason why we have dedicated meeting rooms: if everyone started
having scheduled meetings in their own individual channels we'd have
meetings happening at only the handful of absolute most convenient
times, and dozens of meetings at each of those times (which makes it
substantially harder for people to be involved cross-project and
attend meetings for multiple teams).

Please read the second paragraph of
for more background on this.
--