[OpenStack-docs] OpenStack-docs Digest, Vol 54, Issue 10

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Sat Dec 10 17:41:02 UTC 2016

Ben Silverman <tersian at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> My concern around the HA guide is consistency. For example, like
> Andrew said, if we move the PCS commands out, then the operator
> guide shouldn’t make reference to them anymore. If we change
> something in the monolithic structure of the install or architecture
> guides, the HA guide would also need a change. How do we coordinate
> these changes/references so that they don’t become immediate bugs as
> soon as one of the guides makes a change? Should the HA guide be a
> more best practices guide and not refer to specific technology?
> Would that anger possible users that are looking for reference
> architectures for HA?

To me these are valid questions which emphasise the need for consensus
on the target audience and use cases for the HA guide.  I worked with
Alex and Andrew on constructing the following spec, in which I
suggested a couple of use cases on lines 22--28:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408558/3/specs/ocata/improve-ha-guide.rst

Feedback welcome!