[OpenStack-docs] A mascot for the documentation project

Olena Logvinova ologvinova at mirantis.com
Tue Aug 30 08:03:40 UTC 2016

Thanks Christian!

I really like the idea of having a mascot for docs!

A bookworm sounds nice, but like you said, it may not be allowed as a
non-real creature.
Butterfly looks beautiful, the only thing I am concerned about is how it is
related to docs. It can fly from project to project and eat nectar of new
features. =}

What about a *white stork* whose wings may resemble white book pages and
who brings new docs instead of children? =)

Best
Olena

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Christian Berendt <christian at berendt.io>
wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I started my preparations for the summit in Barcelona and planned to print
> a sticker book with my logo (a guinea pig) as well as mascot logos of all
> of my favourite projects. I visited https://www.openstack.org/
> project-mascots/ and I found no mascot proposal for the documentation
> team :(
>
> I contacted Heidi and asked her if it would be possible to make a very
> very late proposal for a mascot and she said “yes, we can make that
> happen”. Let’s take this chance and select a mascot for documentation.
>
> OpenStack has a lot of projects and a lot of fitting animals are already
> taken:
>
> * A white whowl would be nice, already taken by TripleO.
>
> * A ant would be nice as well, a lot of ants do a lot of small steps,
> resulting in a pretty big documentation. Ant is already taken by
> infrastructure.
>
> * The same for a bee. The bee is already taken by Restock.
>
> A bookworm would be nice, but according to the guidelines imaginary
> animals are not allowed and I fear a bookwork is an imaginary animal.
>
> After the metamorphose a worm will be a butterfly. The same for a
> bookworm, of course. A butterfly is flying/staying over the things and
> looks great. And the butterfly is not yet taken by an other project.
>
> What do you think about a butterfly?
>
> What do you think about a bookworm? (Keep in mind that a bookworm is
> probably not allowed and a real worm is not that nice.)
>
> Do you have other proposals?
>
> Do you want to discuss if we want to have/need a mascot? Even Nova has
> finally selected one.
>
> Looking forward for feedback,
>
> Christian.
>
> --
> Christian Berendt

Best regards,
Olena Logvinova,
Technical Writer | Mirantis, Kharkiv | 38, Nauki av., Kharkiv
ologvinova at mirantis.com | +380950903196