[OpenStack-docs] Debian install-guide patches all merged

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Aug 5 08:02:46 UTC 2016

On 08/05/2016 04:27 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:
> On 04/08/16 18:46, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> All my patches for removing debconf from the install-guide have been
>> merged. So I believe it is in a good enough shape to be re-added for the
>> Newton release.
>
> Great! We'll need to get all the core Install books tested over the next few weeks.

A few "what Deb repo to use" notes here.

If someone is to test the Debian guide, please make sure to use this
repository:

deb http://newton-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com/debian \
	jessie-newton-backports-tested main

The "-tested" part of the repository means that the packages were
successfully tested against Tempest before moving to that repo. I would
advise anyone to use that repository before the final release, if the
goal is to test under Jessie. Otherwise, Sid + Experimental is the way
to go. All of this, before we can happily move to the Debian
repositories maintained directly in OpenStack infra (this is slowly coming).

I'm not so sure how to explain all of this in the install-guide, since
all of that are moving targets. Advice welcome.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)