[OpenStack-docs] Developer and users documentation

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Apr 15 07:49:19 UTC 2016

On 04/14/2016 08:34 PM, Svetlana Karslioglu wrote:
> Hi Lana and all,
>
> I have the following questions:
>
>  1. How users can find the documentation published at
>     docs.openstack.org/developer <http://docs.openstack.org/developer>
>     from the docs.openstack.org <http://docs.openstack.org> page? I
>     couldn't find a way to do it. It looks like unless you know the link
>     to docs.openstacl.org/developer
>     <http://docs.openstacl.org/developer>, you cannot find this
>     documentation. Shouldn't the link to developer's documentation be
>     added to docs.openstack.org <http://docs.openstack.org>?
>  2. How to access previous versions of documentation published at
>     docs.openstack.org/developer <http://docs.openstack.org/developer>?
>     I tried the following and it did not work:
>       * http://docs.openstack.org/developer/liberty
>       * http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/developer

There's no index page but projects do publish to branches, see
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/liberty/

So, fuel-docs stable/liberty changes will publish automatically to

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/fuel-docs/liberty/

Your project is setup for this - it depends on the existence of a
stable/liberty branch for it.

Once you do, you can add to your project page a reference to those older
versions that you want to provide...

Andreas