[OpenStack-docs] Screenshots in reviews on Gerrit

Pančur, Matjaž Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si
Mon Sep 21 11:05:17 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I’ve been wondering if there is an already established or agreed on best practice for inclusion of screenshots in the review comment thread (like we have paste.openstack.org<http://paste.openstack.org> for text snippets and logs)? Sometimes I would like to include an annotated screenshot of the issue (eg. a slide that renders wrong only on a certain OS/browser combination).

People are usually pragmatic and just use their existing Dropbox/iCloud/GDrive/etc. cloud service and publish in the review a link to it, but this is not a permanent solution as links are usually ephemeral/short-lived. This causes some transparency/archival issues, so I would like to use a more permanent solution (like it is for logs/snippets in paste.openstack.org<http://paste.openstack.org>).

Any ideas on how should we deal with this?

Matjaz