[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Team meeting 20 October 2300 UTC

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Tue Oct 20 14:29:24 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 08:33 PM, Karin Levenstein wrote:
> Agenda:
>
> * General status update
> * Anything to discuss before the summit?

I want to discuss the separation of the MongoDB installation. At the
moment we install MongoDB inside the Ceilometer chapter. The new Aodh
chapter (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230123/) also installs
MongoDB. I think it is more intuitive to install one optional MongoDB
server in the "Environment" chapter and to only add new databases in the
Ceilometer and Aodh chapters (the same way we do it for MySQL at the
moment).

An other option is to use MySQL instead of MongoDB as database backend
for Ceilometer and Aodh. This should be possible and this way we do not
take care of a 2nd database backend.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt