[OpenStack-docs] Networking guide updates for Liberty

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:16:38 UTC 2015

Beside the usual configuration updates, I'm throwing around some larger
changes to the scenarios for Liberty. Currently, the scenarios that include
L3 only support attaching VMs to private networks and using floating IP
addresses to enable visibility on public networks. While this design
purposely pushes people toward implementing "true" cloud networking, I see
considerable interest in a hybrid architecture that supports attaching VMs
to both public and private networks. I would like to implement this
architecture, but need to determine whether we should augment the existing
scenarios or create separate hybrid scenarios. The former would increase
complexity (both configuration and documentation... especially diagrams)
and the latter would duplicate plenty of content and potentially cause
confusion from too many options. What should we do?