[OpenStack-docs] Usage of static CSS/JS files in openstackdocstheme

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Sat Oct 10 15:14:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 3:00 AM, Christian Berendt <christian at berendt.io>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/08/2015 10:26 PM, Bernd Bausch wrote:
>> > Isn't font awesome distinct from bootstrap?
>> > In other words, I think we need both. Plus Jquery.
>>
>> We need all of them, yes. I want to know if we want to provide those
>> files on our own (static CSS/JS files) or if we want to use CDNs where
>> possible.
>>
>> E.g. at the moment we provide the Bootstrap and jQuery files on our own.
>> Should we use a CDN here?
>>

> Looking at the Network performance tab in Google Chrome Web Dev tools, I
> don't see that font-awesome css files are coming across the network. For
> sure there are js and css files coming from /static. This view is on both
> the landing page and a page using our theme.

Oh, I forgot I'd need to load a page with a Note or Warning to get the
font-awesome CSS to load. Looking at
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/sdk_authenticate_against_identity_endpoint.html
it does seem like the HTML is the slowest to load... and the CDN files are
fast.

Anyway, I'm sure we can optimize some.
Anne

--