[OpenStack-docs] Results from installation of OpenStack on Debian

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Mon Mar 16 10:53:02 UTC 2015

On 03/13/2015 10:57 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> You can discuss the color of the bike shed forever, however it doesn't
> change the fact that our users should be learning Neutron, not
> nova-network, and I'm sure you know it.

According to our latest user survey a lot of people are actually using
nova-network (section "Network Drivers") in all areas (development/QA,
production, proof of concept).

http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-user-survey-insights-november-2014

We should actually not remove the documentation of nova-network. As long
as the code is maintained and as long as our users use nova-network
there is no reason to remove the documentation or to not support
nova-network. nova-network is an active part of Nova and official
documents should document the usage of nova-network.

My POV is that generic distribution packages should not cut the features
of OpenStack (removal of services, force the usage of Neutron).

Maybe we should define a Installation Guide specification to ensure that
official Installation Guides document a minimum set of features.

Christian.