[OpenStack-docs] Style Question for Project Names

Robb Romans robb.romans at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Jun 22 23:51:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’ve just gotten around to reading this thread. I agree very strongly with Amanda that OpenStack project names should be capitalized. Frankly, this has driven me nuts for a while. :-) “Neutron" is a specific thing - a proper noun, and deserves to be capitalized. It’s not a generic thing like “networking” (which we do capitalize.) Aargh.

Cheers,
Robb

Robb Romans
Sr. Information Developer - RPC
Rackspace

I was wondering about only 9 people responding as well. I agree that they likely don't have a strong opinion one way or the other and will be fine with either.

Here was what I sent:

"Well, the current tally is 5 for lowercase and 4 for mixed case. So the status quo has the lead by a hair.

As the instigator of the request, I am naturally hoping for a rally to the mixed case cause but overall have been delighted by our civil discourse. Probably because nerding out over the finer points (and counter-points) of language is such fun. "

Thanks :)
Amanda