[OpenStack-docs] Setting up my environment

Randy_Perryman at Dell.com Randy_Perryman at Dell.com
Fri Jun 19 14:47:28 UTC 2015

So after spending many hours of setup and struggle.  I spoke with one of the local engineers and he said he can build the docs after following the instructions at http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/dev/dev-quickstart.html.

So I followed these instructions, then went back to our documentation at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Edit_OpenStack_RST_and.2For_DocBook_documentation
  and went to Building Output Locally.

I can now do a

tox -e py27  with no errors

activate my virtual environment

tox -e docs

with No errors

Basics of what I did

Operating System - CentOS 6.6
python 2.7 (https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.9/Python-2.7.9.tgz)
                setup as an alternative:
alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/src/Python-2.7.9/python 2
alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2.6 1
alternatiives --config python
sudo easy_install nose
pip install virtualenv
pip install setuptools-git
pip install flake8
pip install tox

Randy Perryman
Dell | Cloud and Big Data Solutions
randy_perryman at dell.com<mailto:randy_perryman at dell.com>
Dell Inc. 300 Innovative Way, Suite 301, Nashua NH, 03062

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.