[OpenStack-docs] Improving OpenStack documentation around RabbitMQ

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Jun 10 12:41:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at pivotal.io>
wrote:

> > the HA Guide team meets on Thursday and we would love
> > to discuss your plans.
> > This document has details -- I expect that this week's agenda
> > will be added before Thursday:
> >
> > Documentation/HA Guide Update - OpenStack
>
> To follow-up on this, we've decided to wait until the HA guide
> migration to Restructured Text is complete and focus on the content
> that will be on rabbitmq.com.
>
> Yesterday we have shipped two new ops-oriented documentation guides:
>
>  * Networking: http://www.rabbitmq.com/networking.html
>  * Production Checklist: http://www.rabbitmq.com/production-checklist.html

Nice work! Also, I love the favicon. Appreciate the pointers for people on
this list.

In a related piece of news relevant to those following this list, there's
an approved cross-project specification with guidelines for supported
messaging drivers:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-specs/specs/supported-messaging-drivers.html

> The former covers multiple subjects related to networking, in particular
> tuning for two common scenarios: maximum throughput and highest possible
> number
> of concurrent connections.
> The latter is aimed at users looking to move into production or validate
> their
> existing deployment.
>
> Nothing not OpenStack-specific so far but should be relevant to OpenStack
> operators
> as well.
> --
> MK
>
> Staff Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ

Anne Gentle
Rackspace
Principal Engineer
www.justwriteclick.com