[OpenStack-docs] Navigating in RST-source docs

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Jun 4 22:54:19 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Lana Brindley <openstack at lanabrindley.com>
wrote:

> Added Anne to cc. She can probably answer these questions better than
> I can, as she was involved in the new site design.

> On 05/06/15 08:13, Meg McRoberts wrote:
> > Thanks, Lana!  Now I see them.  Not exactly where I expect these
> > links but at leastthey are there. what about a link back to the top
> > of the current doc? And I rather enjoy the full TOC (with current
> > section highlighted) in the left frame, just to keep me
> > oriented.Did you decide to get rid of this?

We definitely want a toc that expands, just haven't found an implementer
yet:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1422454

> And what is the point
> > of the little "Contents" block above the title of a section.  For
> > example: Contents
> >
> > Install memcached
> >
> > Install memcached¶

Sphinx outputs that automatically -- feel free to file a bug if you feel it
shouldn't be output. I agree it's annoying when there's only one section to
link to but I find it useful for the longer pages we're writing with the
migration.