[OpenStack-docs] Copying from wikipedia ;(

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Jul 13 00:54:55 UTC 2015

On 07/12/2015 08:34 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-07-12 14:50:32 +0200 (+0200), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> [...]
>> Jeremy, I'm just wondering whether we should add a line to the infra manual
>> (
>> http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#sign-the-appropriate-individual-contributor-license-agreement)
>> stating what the CLA is about.
>
> That's probably okay, though summarizing legal documents is tricky
> business (lawyers generally tell you that if the explanation of a
> legal document is shorter than the document itself, then either it's
> an insufficient explanation or the legal document being explained is
> poorly-written).

I'm actually finding that the time taken to inform people how to use
common sense is an increasing contributor anti-pattern, not just to
documentation.

I'm not offering an opinion about what-is-to-be-done, I'm saying that
needed to do anything about behaviour which is in direct contravention
of standard open source behaviour is really draining on our community as
a whole.

Thanks,
Anita.