[OpenStack-docs] Tox on Docs, Docs on Tox

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:40:56 UTC 2015

>From the note...

Ubuntu and Debian require the following additional dependencies: gcc,
gettext, python-dev, libxml2-dev, libxslt1-dev, zlib1g-dev

RHEL and variants including Fedora, openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise
require the following additional dependencies: gcc, python-devel,
libxml2-devel, libxslt-devel

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:26 AM, APlimpton <aplimpton at gmail.com> wrote:

> tox -e py27 also bombed out, I had run it earlier hoping it might help.
> Same type of errors "ERROR: /bin/sh: 1: xslt-config: not found
>     ** make sure the development packages of libxml2 and libxslt are
> installed **"
>

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Not exactly easy to find...
>>

>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Using_Tox_to_check_builds
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM, APlimpton <aplimpton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I am following the instructions on our wiki and dev workflow page to
>>> check if a new person can use them to get up and running. I started with a
>>> clean install of Ubuntu on a VM and I've gotten everything up to the point
>>> of using tox for local output fairly successfully. The errors start where
>>> our instructions
>>> say to cd to openstack-manuals and then run "tox - e docs".
>>>
>>> I had to install tox, then saw errors that gcc needed to be installed,
>>> and now it looks like libxml2 and libxslt are also needed. This is the
>>> second OS that I've run into issues on.
>>>
>>> I think we are missing some prerequisites in our instructions. We advise
>>> people install maven, git, and git-review but not the others that needed
>>> for the tox command to work with openstack-manuals. Would it better to:
>>>
>>> 1) List individual dependencies like some of the other projects do?
>>> or