[OpenStack-docs] openstack-auto-commands for python-openstackclient not longer working

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Tue Jan 20 08:57:29 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 09:51 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> I filed already earlier this one - and it has some comments.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1399588
>
> Should we merge these two?

Yes. I will close my bug report as duplicate and link it to your bug
report and will add the following comment.

---snip---
But I think python-openstackclient should behave like the other CLI
clients. I think the different behavior of python-openstackclient will
confuse a lot of user when trying to get help.

While it is true that it is possible to get a list of all available
commands with 'openstack --help' (our requirement) it is not possible to
get detailled information of a command or subcommand without setting the
auth parameters.
---snap---

> Thanks for bringing it up and sorry for not mentioning it earlier here,

No problem. Just tried to upgrade the CLI reference because of the
latest release of python-openstackclient and stumble upon the issue and
have not seen your bug report.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt