[OpenStack-docs] Contributing to OpenStack

Karin Levenstein karin.levenstein at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Feb 26 15:36:37 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Following up on my action item from today's meeting[1], here's a link to a "how to contribute to OpenStack" document that we developed at Rackspace.
https://gist.github.com/klevenstein/20ab9def5cec5146f995

Last year, Lana and I had a couple of new writers on our team who were completely new to OpenStack, and I also got a request for help with contributing from other writers at Rackspace, so we wrote this. I'm not sure how much more "lightweight" this actually is (and at one point it just links outright to the How To First Timers page on the OpenStack wiki), but it represents an attempt to distill and organize all the key information down in a relatively non-intimidating fashion, and to get a writer on board with as little panic as possible.

-Karin

[1]http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2015/docteam.2015-02-26-14.03.html