[OpenStack-docs] Location for nova serial console configuration

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:22:21 UTC 2015

Someone in #openstack couldn't find documentation on nova serial console
configuration and I know we added it to the admin guide a couple of weeks
ago [1]. I couldn't find it either until I looked at the source and found
it under "logging" [2] rather than "remote access" [3]. Prior to Juno, nova
serial console was read-only and therefore served more of a logging
function. However, read-write serial console access in Juno serves more of
a remote access function similar to NoVNC and SPICE. Should we separate the
read-write content from the read-only content and move it to the remote
access section?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/149533
[2]
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/section_manage-logs.html