[OpenStack-docs] Usage of external resources in openstackdocstheme

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Tue Feb 17 12:25:57 UTC 2015

I am cleaning up openstackdocstheme at the moment and stumbled upon the
following entries in the theme/openstackdocs/css.html file:

<link
href="http://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.2.0/css/font-awesome.min.css"
rel="stylesheet">
<link
href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,400,700'
rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

We do not use any other external resources (for example the Bootstrap
framework is part of openstackdocstheme (theme/openstackdocs/static)).

At the moment I am not sure if we should link external resources. Why do
we not add the external resources to the theme/openstackdocs/static
directory like the Bootstrap framework? This way the generated documents
are usable with an active internet connection and we do not depend on
Google and MaxCDN.

Christian.