[OpenStack-docs] Usage of Keystone v3 API instead of v2.0 API

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Feb 12 16:58:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Christian Berendt <berendt at b1-systems.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/19/2014 08:14 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
>> > Can you elaborate about which v3 features
>> > would benefit the installation guide audience?
>>
>> Groups, Policies and Domains are available in v3.
>>

> It's not the features of Keystone that users need - it's that nova for
> example can't use those anyway. See
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/support-keystone-v3-api
>
> I think this is the case anyway, let us know what you find out!

I wanted to circle back on this. Nick confirmed that Mirantis uses Keystone
v2 in their reference architecture. Matt has said Rackspace's reference
architecture is going to Keystone v3.

I think that domains and nova are the last part missing for feature parity,
so I think we probably can re-evaluate at the kilo-3 feature freeze (March
19) whether to test docs with keystone v3 which would enable using the
OpenStack CLI rather than individual CLIs.