[OpenStack-docs] process for adding content for new platform systemz?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Feb 3 14:37:36 UTC 2015

On 02/03/2015 12:57 PM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> Thanks Matt, Andreas and Anne. A few comments left from my side:
>
> Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote on 01/31/2015 05:18:42
> PM:
>> From: Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
>> [...]
>> Thanks for asking! No need for a blueprint, unless you wanted to push
>> the idea of multiple hardware types in the install guide, and I don't
>> suggest it. :) The Cloud Admin Guide and Configuration Guide are the
>> right places for this info.
>
> Alright, thanks, I will have a look at them.
>
>>> Q: When we discover additional changes in the next weeks, should we
>>>    simply just add them chunk by chunk?
>>
>> We prefer smaller patches than one huge one ;)
>
> What are the deadlines I have to consider?

The earlier the better ;)

The Admin Guide has no Kilo branch, it will be published anytime.
The Configuration Guide gets branched around the Kilo release, so get it
before the Kilo release. We can backport to the guide fixes but
backports are a bit more complex, so let's strive to submit before it.

>> Yes, much easier on the reviewers. :) Also, do you expect to have
>> hardware available for testing (by reviewers) or are you testing the
>> docs yourselves? Testing is the most difficult and time consuming so
>> hopefully you can take that on.
>
> I assume it would make sense that we as an author of a patchset
> test it by ourselves. It wouldn't make sense to expect from the
> reviewers to buy a system z for that, although our sales team would
> be very happy ;)

We expect a free donation including power ;)

   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
       Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)