[OpenStack-docs] Results from installation of OpenStack on Debian

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Feb 2 22:38:39 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com> wrote:

> Over the weekend, I attempted to install OpenStack Juno core services
> (keystone, glance, nova, and neutron) on Debian Wheezy using the Juno
> installation guide. I could not obtain an operational environment (i.e.,
> successfully launch an instance) by exclusively using configuration
> generated by Debconf (and associated tools) or after fixing/augmenting the
> configuration with existing manual steps in the guide (primarily networking
> content). I opened the following bugs describing my observations:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ooccchh
>
> Thomas (zigo) and I briefly discussed a few of these issues on IRC, but
> I'm documenting them all for tracking purposes.

Okay, thanks for the list Matt. Looks like 14 new bugs, some of which can't
really be fixed in the docs, at a glance. The bug reports are thorough, and
I would like further investigation.

Thomas and Alex and anyone else who'd like to work on these: Our usual
processes, with these new bugs, is to look at them, mark them
Status:Confirmed if you agree it can be fixed in the docs, or if it needs
to be fixed in packaging and/or the config tool, then please set to
Status:Won't Fix. I believe they are all of Medium Importance.

You can also assign yourself to these bugs once they are Status:Confirmed
by clicking the exclamation point next to "Unassigned" in the Assigned
column and then click "Pick me."

> I'm stepping away to focus on the networking guide content.

Sounds fine, we'll keep up with reviews of the Install Guide.

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com