[OpenStack-docs] Creating a new guide in RST

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Feb 2 18:21:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Nick Chase <nchase at mirantis.com> wrote:

>  So that talks about conventions and stuff; I was referring to the process
> of creating "new" book in RST.  So should I assume that if we just
> structure the comment like the other RST-based guides the tooling will
> handle the rest, or is there something else we need to do?

If you want to publish prior to April, you'll want to stay with DocBook
while we get the entire toolchain built out (builds, CI, translation,
etc.). We need:
- landing pages to merge
- openstackdocstheme released
- translation slicing and po file mapping completed

If you just want to get it into RST to increase contribution and have
people read on Github, that's also fine. Just don't expect all of CI
completed for a while.

At the state your manual is in, I think it's fine to get it in RST and have
people build locally for reviews.

Does that help?
Anne

--