[OpenStack-docs] [training-labs] Cluster VM setup hangs in Ubuntu 14 Trusty

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Sat Dec 26 08:07:13 UTC 2015

Hey all,

Working through the cluster setup process on a Google Compute instance
running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS using VNC to connect. The first VM config appears
to be hanging when waiting for SSH to respond on 127.0.0.1:2229. Any
suggestions on what causes this and how to resolve?

Also, should I be seeing the VM's appear when I open VirtualBox GUI during
the setup process (I would think so but I don't)?

Starting VM "base"
> Waiting for VM "base" to power on...
> VM "base" has been successfully started.
> Waiting 5 seconds for VM "base" to come up
> Using _PS_ssh
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/training-labs/plain/labs/osbash/lib/osbash/netboot/preseed-ssh-v2.cfg
> Pushing boot command line
> Initiating boot sequence
> Installing operating system; waiting for reboot
> .Waiting for ssh server to respond on 127.0.0.1:2229.................

and it just goes and goes and goes after that. Seems to be iterating to
"see" a service come online that never happens. Thoughts?

//adam

*Adam Lawson*

AQORN, Inc.
427 North Tatnall Street