[OpenStack-docs] command exaple conventions

KATO Tomoyuki tomo at dream.daynight.jp
Thu Dec 24 03:48:02 UTC 2015

Hi team,

I have a question about command exaple conventions.
Do we have or need the conventions?

We have inconsistency about the command exaple as of now.

  1. command as-is [1]
  2. a blank line between input and output [2]
  3. separate block, input and output [3]

My concern is that we get numerous patches, for example [4].

- "It's easy to read by adding a blank line"
- "The docs has an unnecessary blank line that command doesn't output.
   So, I remove it."
- Add
- Remove ... ... ...

I recommend the option 1 as conventions,
but just a recommendation, not mandatory.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/install-guide-ubuntu/keystone-verify.html
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/image-guide/image-metadata.html
[3] http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/cli_config_drive.html
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/260669/