[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide][manila] Manila install guide

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Dec 7 15:42:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Ben Swartzlander <ben at swartzlander.org>
wrote:

> Hello docs team, when we submitted the install guide for Manila [1] in
> Liberty it was rejected because at the time only defcore projects were
> covered by the guide. Has that policy changed yet?

I don't believe it will this release.

> If not, I would like to hear your recommendation for where the Manila
> install guide should go. The foundation's project navigator [2] counts the
> lack of an install guide as a mark against Manila.

Have you published the RST files from that original patch from your own
doc/source directory? That should count.

> I'm willing to resubmit the install guide content wherever it needs to go.
> Personally I'd like it to be part of the regular install guide, but if you
> have another idea please share it.

Something I'd like to see implemented with a spec for doc tooling is this:
1. Author install guide articles in your doc/source directory.
2. Create a common TOC to pull many install guide articles together to
build an install guide that goes beyond defcore projects to
docs.openstack.org/<relname>/<distro>/
3. Serve multiple users needs by building on existing install guide in a
modular way without burdening the center.

Do you have anyone who might want to take that idea on?

> -Ben Swartzlander
> Manila PTL

> [2] http://www.openstack.org/software/releases/liberty/components/manila

Anne Gentle