[OpenStack-docs] openstackdocstheme embedds lots of non-free files, with references to external resources

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Dec 4 13:49:15 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reminder.

All, please make sure you are tracking and talking in this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1502806 There's one
remaining question there.

Thomas, can you close the duplicate bug at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1501641 to make sure work
is focused?

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 7:42 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In about all free software distros, having minified javascripts is
> considered non-free. However, in the openstackdocstheme, we have:
>
> openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/static/js/bootstrap.min.js
> openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/static/js/jquery-1.11.3.js
>
> It was OK as openstackdocstheme wasn't mandatory yet, but now Nova
> test-requirements.txt includes openstackdocstheme, so now Nova in Mitaka
> cannot be built without it. So now, this becomes an urgent issue to deal
> with.
>
> There's also lots of external references to these documents:
>
> https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/html5shiv/3.7.0/html5shiv.js
> https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/respond.js/1.4.2/respond.min.js
> http://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.2.0/css/font-awesome.min.css
>
> They also have to go away in a way or another, to make
> openstackdocstheme comply with distribution policies.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Anne Gentle
Rackspace