[OpenStack-docs] Usage of custom RST directives

Olena Logvinova ologvinova at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 2 12:45:09 UTC 2015

> At the moment I am not sure if I like it or not. But I think the
> usage of custom RST directives should be discussed on the list and if
> we decide to use custom RST directives they should be documented in
> the contributor guide.

I like the way a document looks like if we use this directive - it becomes
smaller and, therefore, looks nicer. =)
So I vote for adding this directive to the Contributor Guide conventions.

Thanks
Olena

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Gauvain Pocentek <
gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com> wrote:

> Le 2015-12-02 11:31, Christian Berendt a écrit :
>
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> While reviewing a review request for the new config-rst-guide I saw
>> the usage of the RST directive "remote-code-block". I never saw this
>> directive before and after searching for the definition I only found
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/master/doc/config-ref-rst/source/ext/remote.py#L19
>> .
>>

> This particular directive tries to reproduce the docbook <xi:include>
> behaviour, to avoid adding loads of sample file in our tree. I'm guilty of
> adding it to the config-ref-rst folder.
>

>> At the moment I am not sure if I like it or not. But I think the
>> usage of custom RST directives should be discussed on the list and if
>> we decide to use custom RST directives they should be documented in
>> the contributor guide.
>>

> Agreed. To be honnest I planned to write to the ML but it just slipped my
> mind.
>

> Gauvain Pocentek
>
> Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
> http://www.objectif-libre.com

Best regards,
Olena Logvinova,
Technical Writer | Mirantis, Kharkiv | 38, Lenin av., Kharkiv
ologvinova at mirantis.com | +380950903196