[OpenStack-docs] Usage of custom RST directives

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Wed Dec 2 11:17:23 UTC 2015

Le 2015-12-02 11:31, Christian Berendt a écrit :
> Hello everybody.
>
> While reviewing a review request for the new config-rst-guide I saw
> the usage of the RST directive "remote-code-block". I never saw this
> directive before and after searching for the definition I only found
> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/master/doc/config-ref-rst/source/ext/remote.py#L19.

This particular directive tries to reproduce the docbook <xi:include>
behaviour, to avoid adding loads of sample file in our tree. I'm guilty
of adding it to the config-ref-rst folder.

> At the moment I am not sure if I like it or not. But I think the
> usage of custom RST directives should be discussed on the list and if
> we decide to use custom RST directives they should be documented in
> the contributor guide.

Agreed. To be honnest I planned to write to the ML but it just slipped
my mind.

Gauvain Pocentek

Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
http://www.objectif-libre.com