[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] (not that much) progress with Kilo install on RHEL/Centos 7

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Apr 13 06:07:45 UTC 2015

On 04/13/2015 03:49 AM, Bernd Bausch wrote:
> In preparation for the install guide meeting on Tuesday, I would like to
> share what I have been able to do so far and what problems I hit. Advice
> would be welcome (I'd be happy to discuss that in the meeting):
>
> - There are places where the install guide content should be modified
> (flagged with "CONTENT" below). What's the procedure - I file a bug and
> immediately provide the fix?

Provide a fix directly, this is all part of our spec
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/kilo/installguide-kilo.html

You could reference the blueprint using the following line in your
commit message:
"Partially implements bp installguide-kilo"

So, no need for bug reports for these.

> - Other places look like packaging bugs; I am using a Kilo repository for
> the Red Hat RDO project that is still work in progress. I think I should
> leave such bugs alone for now, since they are likely to go away. Correct?

For openSUSE and SLES, I tell the developers directly about any problems
and get them fixed,

Andreas
 > [...]
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)