[OpenStack-docs] [All] [Openstack-docs] High Availability Guide Update - RFI

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 31 09:34:59 UTC 2014

> Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 10:00:07 +0200
> From: Maish Saidel-Keesing <maishsk+openstack at maishsk.com>
> To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org,
> 	openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org
> Subject: [OpenStack-docs] [All] [Openstack-docs] High Availability
> 	Guide	Update - RFI
>
> Hello All.
>
> We kicked off our first meeting yesterday the review of the HA guide.[1]
>
> We need to get the *current* HA model for each of the core components.
>
> It would be great if either the PTL of each project - (or someone else that has a definitive answer) could add their feedback to this query so we could start the ball rolling and collect the information.
>
> ** Just to clarify - this would be only for the OpenStack components and depending software (i.e. Databases and message queues etc..) not the underlying instances **
>
> The requested information is:
>
> - Project Name
> - Active/Active or Active/Passive or both or other?
> - Suggested method of implementation
> - Additional info that you feel is relevant to add.

Hi.
It would be really nice to add as well:
- Failover procedure, if active/active?
- Failback procedure, if active/standby - either it automatic or manual?
- Cluster recovery procedure - either clustered resources reassembled
automatically, or require manual actions?
- Partitioning recovery - how split brain is handled?

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,