[OpenStack-docs] [all]: improving how the Documentation is organized

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Oct 24 21:14:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Daniel Comnea <comnea.dani at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> Thanks for reply! I did my homework and i know who you are :)
>

> You mentioned there is work taking place now to redesign it + other things
> which are not ready for public eye. Can you point out where can i keep an
> eye on it, maybe i'll be able to start review it/ contribute if i can?

If you look through the meeting logs (not that I'd expect you to) you can
find the design brief here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GGKTKHDMc8A0jerdv-K3ql0udnxMr-j4DlhL2Cj6kcw/edit

> In addition to this can i suggest to add the below video you uploaded on
> youtube to Docs/HowToContribute ?

We had it there for quite a while then it got outdated and stale so we
removed it. I guess you can add it back, it's a wiki page after all.

A more recent video is the recent bootstrap hour we had about developer
docs. Not a how-to exactly, but a good discussion.

   - Youtube Stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2I3PFuoNj4
   - Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/obh-diving-into-docs
   - Slides: http://bit.ly/obh-diving-into-docs