[OpenStack-docs] Docs for installing Sahara

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Oct 24 02:41:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen that at:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/juno/install-guide/install/apt-debian/content/sahara-install.html
>
> it's written:
> "You need to install required packages. For now, sahara doesn't have
> packages for Ubuntu and Debian. Documentation will be updated once
> packages are available. The rest of this document assumes that you have
> sahara service packages installed on the system."
>
> Well, Sahara is currently in Debian experimental, and in the Wheezy
> backport repository that I maintain, so probably it's time to start
> talking about the packages! :)
>
> Note that Sahara is *not* in Ubuntu for the moment.
>
> Though I don't know much about Sahara, basically, it's just:
>
> "apt-get install sahara"
>
> then respond to the prompts, just like for the other packages.
>
> As I'm very busy with the Juno release packages, I'm not sure I'll have
> time to work out a patch. Does anyone want to do it?

Hi, we're really overloaded, sorry for the delayed response. I've logged a
doc bug.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1385011

Sahara is way down on the priority list for docs (recently integrated is
lower than every other project) but I've triaged it like the rest of the
bugs.
Thanks for reporting it,
Anne